Honesty Scott-Grayson named to All-SEC First Team

Auburn guard Honesty Scott-Grayson drives to the basket against Louisiana on November 9, 2023 in Neville Arena.

Auburn guard Honesty Scott-Grayson was selected to the All-SEC First Team, the conference announced Tuesday morning.

Scott-Grayson, who is the SEC's second-leading scorer only behind LSU's Angel Reese, is averaging 18.4 points per game while shooting 41.9% from the field and 31.2% from the three-point line.

The fifth-year upped her scoring in conference play, averaging 20.4 points per game, 4.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game.

Scott-Grayson scored 20 or more points in 10 different games this season and also recorded two games with 30 points or more. Scott-Grayson dropped a career-high 32 points on Senior Night against Mississippi State last week.

As the Tigers enter postseason play, Scott-Grayson is ranked 12th in Auburn history in career scoring with 1,577 points and sixth in career scoring average at 14.6 points per game. Additionally, Scott-Grayson has been a terrific shooter for Auburn, ranking in the school's top 10 in career 3-pointers (125) and free throws made (306).

Scott-Grayson's selection marks the first Tiger to be honored to the conference's first team since Unique Thompson accomplished this feat in 2020. Scott-Grayson is also the 20th player in Auburn history to be named to the All-SEC First Team.

Scott-Grayson and the Tigers enter postseason play looking to solidify their spot in the NCAA Tournament. According to ESPN's latest Bracketology, Auburn is currently on the right side of the bubble, sitting in Charlie Creme's "Last Four Byes" section of the projection.

Scott-Grayson will lead the Tigers in the SEC Tournament on Thursday as Auburn faces Arkansas in the second round of the SEC Tournament. Game time is set for 5 p.m. CST at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina.

Jacob Waters | Sports Editor

Jacob Waters is a senior majoring in journalism. From Leeds, Alabama, he started with The Plainsman in August, 2021.

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Honesty Scott-Grayson named to All-SEC First Team” on social media.