Allison Clark / Staff Writer

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Theater graduates dAUnce the night away all weekend

Dancers slid, spun and scurried all over the stage at the Telfair Peet Theatre for dAUnce VII, which ran Thursday, April 23 through Sunday.Duane Lee Holland, an acclaimed choreographer and professional hip-hop dancer, choreographed a dance for the students to perform and showed off his dance skills in a number titled "Get Up.""I thought the performance was awesome," said Kelley Holcomb, freshman in music theater.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

PACT bill proposes help from state funds

The Prepaid Affordable College Tution program is seeking new alternatives of funding from the state for current participants.A bill to rescue the PACT program was given a second reading Thursday, April 17, before the Senate and is expected to receive a vote on Tuesday.The bill would call upon state funds to ensure that the PACT program functions as was originally intended.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Golf teams to compete at SEC Championship

Auburn's men and women's golf teams will compete in the 2009 SEC Championship this week, which kicks off on Friday.The women's golf team will head to the University Club in Blythewood, S.C., while the men's team will go to the Frederica Club and Sea Island Golf Club in Sea Island, Ga.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

April brings forth Autism awareness

April showers bring May flowers, but more people are becoming aware that April brings more than just rain.April has been dubbed National Autism Awareness Month, and as such, many organizations seize the chance to encourage people to get involved in helping the families affected by autism."We've got one in 100 kids affected by this epidemic, so we think that it is a good time for people to try to make a difference," said Wendy Fournier of the National Autism Association.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Gospel Choir concert speaks to souls Sunday

The Auburn University Gospel Choir showed its audience how to let loose Sunday at Victory World Prayer Center for its Spring Concert.The choir entered the building in a parade of movement and sound and performed with unceasing energy."I was very proud of the students in the Gospel Choir," said William Powell, associate professor of music and director of choral activities.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Local band The Bandar-log brings out college crowd

Amid the electric-orange glow and festive tiki huts at Rooster's on Thursday night, Auburn's local band The Bandar-log delivered a show that made the bar's crowd experience body movement and mood improvement that put even their beers to shame.As they usually do, the people in the audience felt the energy of the music in their own special ways.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Lights go out for Earth Hour

Anyone with a light switch has the power to "vote Earth" by participating in Earth Hour this Saturday.Earth Hour is intended to put a temporary halt on light pollution and wasted energy by asking businesses and homes to turn off their lights and bathe the planet in what proponents think will be a replenishing darkness."I think a lot of people use too much electricity," said Kristin Scurlock, a junior in civil engineering.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Divers prep for NCAAs

Auburn University's divers will compete at the NCAA Zone Diving Championships in Knoxville, Tenn., this weekend.Head diving coach Jeff Shaffer has been working with the divers to prepare them for the competition and hopes they can keep their focus on what is important."The athletes' goal is to compete against themselves." Shaffer said.

More articles »