Crystal Cole / STAFF REPORTER

Campus

Music, Dance Make Miracles

Instead of going to a sunny baseball game, sitting by the pool or throwing a Frisbee with their friends, some students chose to attend the Miracles of Music benefit concert Sunday in the Student Center Ballroom.Although attendance was not high, Aubie was present to cheer up the shy crowd.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Bar Helps Band Release First CD

Thanks to the support of The Independent, a local band is about to release its first studio album.Blame Sydney, a pseudo-ska band formed in Auburn, will finish up its LP, "In Memory of Mutton Chops," in the next few weeks and hopes to release it in mid-May.Luke Sheehan, guitarist for the band, said the name of the album came from a former member who helped shape the band in its early days."We had a drummer who is still very dear to our hearts from when we were first starting to develop as a band," Sheehan said.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Auburn Offers Great Greens

With warm weather finally emerging, many Masters hopefuls will be dusting off their clubs and hitting the greens.With many courses in the area to choose from, it's hard to choose which is best for each person.Chris Gerhard, senior in history and marketing, said picking a golf course is mostly a situational thing for him."Sometimes, if I'm running low on cash, I choose by which is cheapest," Gerhard said.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Tigers Tame the Bulldogs

Junior Stephen Kohlscheen made his first start at Auburn (28-14, 10-8 SEC) Tuesday night as the baseball team beat Samford (23-17), 11-4, at home.Kohlscheen pitched two scoreless innings with a single in the first inning and a second-inning walk.Kohlscheen said it was a good day for his first start and the rest of the team performing well made his job easy."It's always good when you can get a start," Kohlscheen said.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Waller is Baller

Losing a senior athlete's leadership is always hard, but the men's basketball team is about to say goodbye to its MVP.Senior Tay Waller was named the Most Valuable Player at the 21st annual Auburn Basketball Awards Banquet Tuesday at the Hotel at Auburn University.Waller was also awarded Outstanding Offensive Player and won an award for most three-pointers made in the SEC.Waller made 3.4 three pointers a game and was ranked fourth nationally.Waller said playing basketball runs in the family and looked up to his father as a great basketball player."My older brother always had a lot of friends over, and they were always playing basketball," Waller said.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Tiger Heads To Championship

After two days of anticipation, junior gymnast Rachel Inniss was selected to compete at the National Championship at the University of Florida April 22.Inniss was in a seven-way tie for first in the floor exercise at regionals with a score of 9.9.Inniss said she will probably not do much differently to train for nationals."We're going to stick with the same routine, I mean, it's what got me there," Inniss said.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Volleyball Digs Spring

The women's volleyball team closed out its spring season at the Southeast College-Junior Invitational Saturday, beating all three opponents.Coach Wade Benson said he felt the spring season ended great and his team played solid."Winning all three matches and ending the spring season 9-2 overall was a great start to our 2010 season," Benson said.

Sports

Thompson Reaches Milestone

Don't touch Anna Thompson's balls. The senior pitcher for the softball team said someone touching the ball before she gets to the mound is her biggest superstition. This weekend, No. 8 Alabama may have swept the series, but Thompson struck out her 1,000 career batter. "I'm glad I was blessed to have a talent where I could actually do that, but this is a team sport," Thompson said. "Everything I do when I go out there is for the team and it's doing my job, so if I got that many strike outs, I've been doing something right."

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Summer Concert Guide

Ditch the traditional water parks and state fairs this summer for more lyrical events. Alex Jenkins, junior in pre-pharmacy, said concerts are a good alternative for more expensive summer vacations.

More articles »