Ellison Langford / News Editor

The Auburn Plainsman
News

People Of The Plains: Randles Farm For Future

Randle Farms is famous for its blueberries.But blueberries are only the beginning of the myriad produce and meat it offers residents of Lee County interested in shaking the hand of the farmers who grow their food.Randle Farms is a Community Supported Agriculture farm, meaning people buy shares of the goods produced on their farm."The commonality is all these people are interested in knowing where their food comes from," said Frank Randle, owner of the farm said, "knowing the farmer that produced it."Randle said having orders already placed for the food creates some security for their business."We know that the fruits, vegetables that we're producing already has a home," Randle said.Because of the way the farm operates, the Randles develop close relationships with a lot of their customers."We know the kids," Randle said.

News

Locals Preserve Roots For Trees

Mouthwash.Toothpaste.Chewing gum.It's not likely teeth realize how many times a day they come in contact with tree products.It's not likely many people do either, which is why the Louise Kreher Ecology Preserve hosted Goods from the Woods Saturday morning."We don't rely on other people," said Jennifer Lolley, outreach administrator for the preserve.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

People Of The Plains: Melnicks Have House Full Of Love

Blake and Micah Melnick are offering support to the approximately 120 residents of Lee County who can fit all their possessions in a single trash bag.Their non-profit organization, BigHouse, aims to provide clothing and extracurricular activities to Lee County's foster children.The Melnicks started BigHouse after seeing the difficulties Micah's parents experienced providing for their three foster daughters."We saw the need," Blake said.

More articles »

More media »