Maria Mcllwain | Copy Editor

The Auburn Plainsman
Community

Vintage planes and military vehicles on display at Aviation Education Outreach Fly-In

Multicolored vintage aircraft touched down at the Aviation Education Outreach Fly-In at the Auburn University Regional Airport on Saturday, May 16, underneath a blue sky spotted with clouds. Residents and families walked among the planes and displays, taking pictures. Johnny Lawrence, event coordinator, said there have been other aviation events over the years, but this event is geared toward education. Lawrence said the money raised helps offset the costs of putting on educational programs for the community. "With the (department of aviation and supply chain management) being created at the University, we decided that we would use these aviation events to help them and reaching out to their outreach programs with K-12," Lawrence said.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Detailed policy on military credit proposed

A more detailed policy concerning military credit was proposed at the University senate meeting Monday, May 19.  The policy was proposed to be compliant with state laws, according to Xing Fang, chair of academic standards, who proposed the policies. The policy limits the number of hours people can receive for military service is 10 semester hours.  Up to four hours of physical education credit can be awarded, two hours for basic training and two hours for advanced individual training. Up to six hours of military science elective or general elective hours can be awarded. According to the policy changes, Auburn does not award credit the American Council of Education (ACE) classifies as low level, vocational or technical.

More articles »