Ryan Metcalf | Sports Writer

Articles

In rough loss to Georgia, Bigsby a 'spark' for Auburn

Even in Auburn’s defeat in Athens, Georgia, Saturday, they found out more about freshman running back Tank Bigsby. “You know, that was the best part of the night, just watching him play,” Nix said. “We’ve just got to get everybody playing like Tank.”

OPINION: Auburn's Top 5 season openers

Auburn opens its 2020 season this Saturday against the Kentucky Wildcats at home. With the season opener in view, here’s a look at the top five Auburn season openers.

Report: Cam Newton named Patriots starting quarterback

After joining the New England Patriots in June, Cam Newton has been named the starting quarterback, beating out Jarrett Stidham and Brian Hoyer. Newton and the Patriots start the season on Sept. 13, against the Miami Dolphins.

Big Kat Bryant ready to step up in senior season

The departures of Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson to the NFL leave gaps that Auburn will have to replace on the defensive line and will force new players to step into leadership roles. Big Kat Bryant, a senior from Cordele, Georgia, is stepping into a leadership role as one of Auburn’s returning starters from last season’s defensive line. 

How former players are helping Auburn get ready for the 2020 season

“It goes back to the Auburn Family and the Auburn mentality,” Nix said on Tuesday. “They did come through here and… Auburn’s a different place, and we have different people and different players, and I think getting to hear what they’ve done in 2010 and 2013… I think it’s really important for them to share with us.”