Back Again, Ready to Give Opinions

I'm back. Yes, Comm Board allowed me to be editor again this summer. So nice of them.

Since I've been here and done all of this before, you shouldn't worry much about how informative the paper will be this summer.

We are going to fill your minds with as much information as possible. And some of it will be useful to you as a citizen, or part-time dweller, of Auburn.

Other areas of the paper won't help you on "Cash Cab" or "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire." Take this page for example. To the left you are going to hear why we don't like construction and why we do like beer.

Way too obvious for a college newspaper, right?

If you don't feel like wasting your Thursday reading something that you could do yourself then I would avoid this page at all costs.

Well, I mean, unless you want to just kill some time between classes or while you're on the transit.

If you can walk and read, then you could be more productive on your walk to class than the entire Fox News staff is on a typical workday.

Oh yeah, I don't like Fox News.

This space right here is reserved for my opinions and all things I deem important, or all things that I can form an opinion on two hours before deadline.

It'll vary from week to week. Stay tuned it could become an interesting space.

Our copy editor, SoSure, said I should introduce myself, but what he meant was "do something to fill this space, so I don't have to write anything on the fly."

So, here goes. My name is in the upper left, my number is lower right, I'm a Mac and have a cat.

American Idol didn't matter much to me, I don't have an opinion on Judge Sonia Sotomayor's nomination nor do I care that President Obama spent yesterday in Vegas.

I, however, was upset when rumors circulated about Jon and Kate having problems. I've since sided with Jon and hope that Kate realizes that playing the victim too much is not cute.

If Twitter partners with a television show, I'll stop updating my friends on the most irrelevant parts of my day.

RESENT TWEET: Great, I'm lost in Opelika.

It wasn't necessary to begin with, and it can easily be cut out of my life.

Just recently I have made an effort to become more musically aware. This was more out of necessity than actual ambition. I'm surrounded by musical savants, and I'm tired of saying "Who are they again?"

My Pandora account is now bursting at the seams with bands. Hopefully now I can at least carry a conversation about music.

If you have any comments or musical suggestions, feel free to let me know!

Share and discuss “Back Again, Ready to Give Opinions” on social media.