Movie for Schmucks

Steve Carell has returned to the big screen, and this time around, he has teamed up with Paul Rudd.

Sounds like an epic movie, right? Wrong.

Tim (Paul Rudd) is an analyst trying to impress his long-time girlfriend by achieving a promotion at his job. He comes up with well oiled proposals for his boss, but his ideas weren't good enough.

Tim's boss told him in order to gain a position on the 7th floor with the high rollers, he would have to find the biggest idiot and bring him to a dinner for extraordinary individuals hosted by uppity executives.

If Tim succeeds in bringing the oddest individual to dinner, he would receive the promotion.

Tim miraculously, or "accidentally," hits Barry (Steve Carell) with his Porsche.

Barry is a taxidermist who makes dioramas with dead mice. He recreates historic artworks and other peculiar things with well dressed mice. Of course, Tim jumps at the chance to invite him to the dinner.

However, Tim has no clue that Barry will "schmuck" up his world.

Zach Galifianakis, best known for his role in "The Hangover," is the star of the movie. Galifianakis plays Therman, Barry's arch nemesis.

Therman is Barry's boss, and he also stole his wife from him.

Therman thinks he has the power to control minds and tries to make Barry say "You can eat my pudding" by using his telepathic gift on Barry. Later in the movie, spectators discover that Barry used to called his wife "Pudding."

Galifianakis saved the movie, but he could only do so much.

Steve Carell's character was all over the place and annoying to the core.

With an all-star cast of comedic geniuses, "Dinner for Schmucks" failed to produce milk-through-the-nose laughter.

Check please.

Share and discuss “Movie for Schmucks” on social media.