A day in the life of Jairo Rosa

There aren't many people more important to incoming freshmen than their dorm Resident Assistants. For Jairo Rosa, junior in aviation management and second-year RA in Tiger Hall, being an RA is about giving back to the residents.

"I came down here from the Bronx, New York, not knowing anybody, and one of my first friends was my RA," Rosa said. "He was a really cool guy. What he was for me, if I can be that for someone else, that would make my time here at Auburn just a little more worthwhile."

Rosa said the duties of an RA include making themselves available to the residents for any issues that may arise.

"Our duties are pretty much to monitor the building and make sure everything is fine," Rosa said. "All maintenance issues that residents might have, I will contact maintenance to get the problem fixed. Also, on the academic side, you are a friend and counselor to them, giving them any advice they may need."

Typical desk-duty day for Jairo

10 a.m. - Wake up and eat breakfast. Shower and get all the morning hygiene out of the way.

Noon - 3:50 p.m. - I go to class and try and do some homework in between classes.

4 p.m. - I head over to the Village to grab something to eat before my desk duty shift starts.

5 p.m. - This is when I usually try and do my homework for my aviation classes.

6 p.m. to 2 a.m. - This is when I am on desk duty. During this time, I sit at the front desk and either socialize or work on homework. It is basically a time where the RAs are available for the residents, setting up activities and being there for advice.

Share and discuss “A day in the life of Jairo Rosa” on social media.