Make it simple and go for breakfast for dinner

Breakfast for dinner is an old pastime of mine. If your family was like mine when I was kid, breakfast for dinner meant Mom was out of town, and Dad was cooking. Scrambled eggs, bacon, grits and a biscuit--pretty standard. Dad never ventured into omelets with veggies, ham and cheese, or the yummy homemade waffles for that matter. Really, the list for breakfast for dinner can go on and on. I have two personal favorite dishes. One is a frozen dish that involves no work and a homemade casserole that involves minimal. It's a win win situation.

The frozen dish is Sister Schubert Sausage Wrap Rolls--Pigs in a Blanket. Follow the directions on the package and the homemade taste is there for you to enjoy.

The casserole, I got the recipe from my mom. She collects cookbook's and this recipe was written down on a piece of stationary in a cookbook she's had for years.

Pampered Chef Sausage Casserole

Ingredients

1 can crescent rolls

cheddar cheese (1 package)

8 oz package Brown and Serve Sausage links

4 eggs

3/4 cup milk

1/4 teaspoon of salt

1/4 teaspoon of pepper

diced onion and green pepper

Directions:

1. Line the Pyrex dish with rolls as a crust

2. Sprinkle cheese

3. Cut links and spread

4. Mix eggs, milk, seasonings, onion and pepper; pour over

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes

I always enjoy breakfast for dinner. Eating breakfast in the morning isn't something I often have time for but I love the dishes. So making them later in the day makes up for the lost time.

Share and discuss “Make it simple and go for breakfast for dinner” on social media.