Whatchawant hot dog stand new to campus

Sade Daniels prepares a hot dog with ketchup and mustard for Chris Denson

Doritos, sauerkraut, ketchup, bacon, chili and pickles can all be found on one hot dog, if that is whatcha want.
Although the Whatchawant hot dog stand has only been on campus for approximately two weeks, Danny Daniels, founder of Whatchawant, has been creating connections with Auburn students since the 2013 football season.
"I really got my name out there with the students, and the students would ask me every night when I would be on campus," Daniels said. "[The business grew because of] the love from my fans, and all the students have really supported me. I love the University, and I love the students."
Daniels first got the idea of starting a hot dog cart when he visited New York City with his fiance, Sade Daniels, co-owner of Whatchawant.
"I saw a couple of carts and thought it would be something cool I could bring to Auburn," Danny said. "I've always been into food and wanted to started a couple of businesses when I graduated."
Danny is only selling his 100 percent beef dogs on campus now.
"Getting back out downtown now depends on working with the city, but game days would really be the time to park it outside the bars," Danny said.
Whatchawant gets new customers to their cart everyday.
"This is my first time [eating the hot dogs], but after this first bite, I'm coming back for many more," said Chris Denson, senior in business administration.
Danny said he recommends his Whatchawant hot dogs to the every day student and person on campus, including the Tiger Transit bus drivers.
"[The food] gets you away from the norm, on the way to class or a quick transit break," Danny said. "I don't like calling them hot dogs because they're not normal hot dogs. I recommend it for faculty, staff, students and open to everyone."
Danny said he does not compare his businesses to similar hot dog restaurants.
"[My business is] me providing an experience, and I'll give you exactly what you want," Danny said. "That's why it's called Whatchawant. I want you to be as creative as possible with the condiments on my cart. You come to buy an experience, not a place to buy a certain meal. Anything you're mind comes up with I'll make it for you."
Sade said their most popular selling hot dog is a chili cheese hot dog.
"We have basically any topping you want," Sade said. "It's not a normal hot dog."
Daniels said he takes pride in selling his 100 percent beef hot dogs.
"They're something you can't buy in the store," Daniels said. "I want to sell high-quality dogs, and I make my chili fresh every morning."
Denson said he is friends with the owners and recommends Whatchawant to everyone.
"I'm definitely going to spread the word for everyone to come here," Denson said. "They're great hot dogs."
The hot dog stand may be one of many in the near future.
"We're hoping to get another cart started on the other side of campus," Sade said. "By the end of the summer, hopefully we'll have one on the other side."
Whatchawant hot dog cart is open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. next to the Student Center by the Tiger Transit stop.
"I want to let all my fans know that I love them and thank you for all their support," Daniels said. "Without the students, I wouldn't be here."

Share and discuss “Whatchawant hot dog stand new to campus” on social media.