Auburn men's tennis defeats UAB in doubleheader

false

Auburn's men's tennis team remains unbeaten at home after taking down the UAB Blazers twice Friday, Feb. 6.
The Tigers won the first match-up 6-1 and the second 4-1.
Despite the lopsided score, head coach Eric Shore said that he didn't see it that way.
"The score was 6-1 in the morning match, but it was a lot closer than that," Shore said. "I thought we got lucky. I don't think we did a very good job in singles of competing like we need to."
Junior Joseph Van Dooren won a three set match in the first meeting of the day by a score of 6-4, 6-7 (10-7).
"In the first set, I got up pretty fast and the guy came back," Van Dooren said. "In the second set, I could serve for the match, but I didn't close it out. I started pretty slow."
Despite what Van Dooren called slow, he was able to win his second singles match 6-2, 6-3.
Sophomore Dante Saleh won all of his matches. He didn't participate in singles for the first match but won doubles with fellow sophomore Maxime Hinnisdaels 6-2. In singles, Saleh won 6-0, 6-3.
"I had a good start, and I was serving well," Saleh said. "I wasn't in too much danger of losing my serve, and so I knew that. I broke at 4-3 and held for the set. It was a pretty textbook second set."
The Tigers' next match is scheduled for Friday, Feb. 13, against Clemson. It is safe to say that this will be the biggest home test for the Tigers to this point. With Friday's wins over UAB, the team's record comes to 7-1.

Share and discuss “Auburn men's tennis defeats UAB in doubleheader” on social media.