Auburn men's tennis wraps up successful weekend

false

<p>The doubles pair of Lukas Ollert (receiving) and Petar Tomic (at net). (ELLEN JACKSON / PHOTOGRAPHER)</p>

The doubles pair of Lukas Ollert (receiving) and Petar Tomic (at net). (ELLEN JACKSON / PHOTOGRAPHER)

The Tigers beat number 34th ranked Clemson 6-1 in their first big home match of the season Friday.
The Tigers were able to secure a doubles point by winning both the first and second court doubles matches 6-4 and 6-1.
Auburn's first through fifth courts finished victorious with the only loss going to sophomore Oliver Plaskett by way of 6-1 6-0.
Senior Lukas Ollert defeated Clemson's first court player Hunter Harrington 7-6(9-7), 6-4.
Auburn juniors Marko Krickovic and Joseph Van Dooren both won three set matches. Krickovic won by a score of 5-7, 6-3, 10-7 while Van Dooren bested his opponent 1-6, 7-6 (8-6), 6-2.
Sophomore Dante Saleh won a close match as well, he won his three-setter 2-6, 6-2, 6-3.
Maxime Hinnisdaels, auburn's third court singles player, had the least trouble with his opponent as he was able to win 6-1 6-1.
Sunday, the Tigers defeated the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 4-3 despite losing the doubles point.
The Tigers changed up doubles pairs this match as Krickovic and Plaskett were defeated 6-4. The second doubles loss went to Ollert and Van Dooren by a score of 6-1.
"We loss a doubles point to Georgia Tech, and they're known for being a very good doubles team," Ollert said. "We knew that it was going to be tough to win the doubles point, but we knew that our big strength is singles."
The Tigers won four out of six singles matches to clinch. Ollert won his court one match 6-7 (2-7), 6-3, 6-2.
Auburn had two more three set singles matches including a 4-6, 6-2, 6-3 victory by Saleh.
After the match, Saleh told me that he felt he played pretty well and that he thought he was a couple key points away from dominating the match.
"I think I played well overall," Saleh said. "In the first set I had some chances, I just didn't take advantage. I had a couple games where is was 40-love or 40-15, and I ended up losing the no add point. The second set I played more to the game plan."
Hinnisdaels came out with the win on court three with a 7-5 6-4 win over Georgia Tech's Michael Kay.
The Tigers now sit at 9-1 and will look to possibly move into the top 30 after this weekend's two big wins.
The next scheduled appearance for the Tigers is set for February 20th as the team will be participating in the Blue Grey tournament in Montgomery.\0x200B

Share and discuss “Auburn men's tennis wraps up successful weekend” on social media.