Auburn women's tennis wins two in Texas

false

<p>The Tigers are starting the season ranked 28th according to ITA rankings. (Photo contributed by Auburn Athletics)</p>

The Tigers are starting the season ranked 28th according to ITA rankings. (Photo contributed by Auburn Athletics)

The Auburn women's tennis team won two matches Saturday, Feb. 7, in Houston. The first match, which auburn won 6-1, was against the 52nd ranked Washington State Cougars. In the second match, the Tigers won 7-0 against Prairie View A&M.
Junior Pleun Burgmans won her morning match 6-2, 7-6, but she and senior Emily Flickenger left the court at 5-5 after Auburn clinched the doubles point.
Flickenger gave up the only point against Washington State in singles. She lost the second court match 6-1, 7-6.
Reka Muller overcame her opponent in three sets by a score of 6-1, 5-7 (10-5). The sophomore won her doubles match with the help of senior Jen Pfeifler 6-3.
Muller didn't play in the afternoon match, but freshman Mary Catherine Lewis filled in nicely, as she was able to win her doubles match with Pfeifler 6-2.
Freshman Andie Dikosavljevic won her singles match 6-0, 6-2. She and her doubles partner Paula de Man won 6-2 in addition to de Man's 6-1, 6-1 singles win.
The Tigers didn't drop a set to Prairie View in route to winning their sixth match of the season.
Sunday, the Tigers take on the 42nd ranked Washington Huskies. The Tigers currently sit at 28th in the nation.\0x200B

Share and discuss “Auburn women's tennis wins two in Texas” on social media.