Men’s tennis loses to Tennessee

Yarbrough Tennis Center is located off Richland Road. Its monthly mixer is sponsored by the Auburn Community Tennis Association. The next mixer is Friday at 6:30 p.m. The cost is $5 for nonmembers. (Christen Harned / ASSISTANT PHOTO EDITOR)

Auburn’s men's tennis team took to the road Friday, April 10, to take on the Tennessee Volunteers. Unfortunately for the Tigers, their three-match losing streak would continue to four.

The Vols took the doubles point with wins on courts two and three. On court two, junior Joseph Van Dooren and sophomore Maxime Hinnisdaels lost 6-3 while on court three sophomores Oliver Plaskett and Petar Tomic lost 6-3 as well.

Singles went slightly better for the Tigers, as they were able to earn one point with a win on court three by Hinnisdaels by a score of 6-3, 6-4.

Senior Lukas Ollert lost on court one 6-4, 6-2; and on court four sophomore Dante Saleh lost 6-3, 6-3.

The final and clinching match for the Vols was lost by Tomic by a score of 6-3, 7-6.

The next match scheduled for Auburn is against Kentucky in Lexington on Sunday, April 12, at 12:05 p.m.

Share and discuss “Men’s tennis loses to Tennessee” on social media.