​Auburn wins both matches in Tuesday’s double-header

<p>Junior Pleun Burgmans and senior Emily Flickenger were able to win the first court doubles match by a score of 6-2. (File photo)</p>

Junior Pleun Burgmans and senior Emily Flickenger were able to win the first court doubles match by a score of 6-2. (File photo)

Auburn’s 44th ranked women’s tennis team hosted Alabama A&M on Tuesday, April 7, in the middle of SEC play, and the Tigers won both matches handily.

Auburn won the first match 7-0 and the second 5-0.

Juniors Pleun Burgmans and Michala Kuchurova’s win 6-1 on court one was enough to earn Auburn the doubles point.

In singles, Burgmans won 6-2, 6-3 on court one while Kuchurova won by default on court six.

Andie Dikosavljevic, Auburn’s court two freshman, won 6-0, 6-2. Auburn won 6-0, 6-0 on courts three through five. Seniors Emily Flickenger won on court three and Jen Pfeifler on court 4.

Freshman Mary Katherine Lewis won on court five, but the line-up changed for the second match.

Dikosavljevic won on court one in the second match by a score of 6-0, 6-1. On court two, Flickenger won 6-1, 6-0, and on court three Kuchurova won 6-0, 6-0.

In doubles, Burgmans and Lewis won 6-2.

The Tigers' latest win brings the teams record to 14-11, but with a 2-9 conference record and only two matches left on the conference schedule, the team could use a few wins before the SEC championships.

Auburn’s next match is scheduled for Friday, April 10, in Auburn against the Missouri Tigers at 2 p.m.

Share and discuss “​Auburn wins both matches in Tuesday’s double-header ” on social media.