Historic Saturday for women's tennis with wins over North Florida and Georgia Southern

The Auburn women's tennis team notched two victories and broke two records Saturday, Feb. 20. The Tigers defeated North Florida 5-1 and Georgia Southern 4-0, making coach Lauren Spencer the all-time leader in wins in program history with 71.

Pleun Burgmans became the all-time leader in doubles victories with 94, passing her former doubles partner Emily Flickinger.

Facing North Florida mid-day Saturday, Andie Dikosavljevic and Alannah Griffin were the first with a victory against Michelle Valdez and Hannah Fluhrer, 6-0. Alizee Michaud and Reka Muller followed to clinch the doubles point with a 6-1 win.

Michaud had a 6-1, 6-2 win to give Auburn the 2-0 lead in singles. No. 27 Dikosavljevic snagged her 14th win of the season, defeating Quetzali Vazquez 6-2, 6-0. Senior Paula de Man clinched the match with a 6-2, 7-5 win.

Against Georgia Southern, Dikosalvjevic and Griffin remained undefeated in doubles for the season to gain their eighth straight victory. Burgmans and de Man clinched the doubles point 6-2.

In singles, Burgmans had 6-0, 6-0 wins against Mariana Ranzahuer. Her doubles partner de Man followed with a 6-2, 6-0 win. Griffin then clinched the match for Auburn by defeating Lindsay Truscott 6-1, 6-2.

The Tigers will travel to Montgomery next weekend for the annual Blue/Gray Tournament. Competitors include Alabama, Oklahoma State, Pepperdine, Princeton and Texas. Draws will be announced Tuesday, Feb. 23.

Share and discuss “Historic Saturday for women's tennis with wins over North Florida and Georgia Southern” on social media.