CHAARG helps Auburn women 'Find their Fit'

Since last Spring semester, CHAARG has helped Auburn women “Find their Fit” by providing them with a network of others looking to get in shape and make new friends.

CHAARG stands for “Changing Health, Attitudes and Actions to Recreate Girls,” which they accomplish through small groups, studio spotlights and daily workouts led by executives.

Rachele Deluca, senior in communications and CHAARG's Auburn branch ambassador, said working out with other people can push people outside their comfort zones.

“Working out with other people can seem weird sometimes, but it allows us to encourage other girls to do things they normally wouldn’t be doing,” Deluca said. “It helps push them further.”

A week for CHAARG members starts with a studio spotlight on Monday nights at 8 p.m., which is covered by a membership charge of $45 to grant access to all studio spotlights and small group sessions.

“We go to different workout studios around Auburn like Orangetheory Fitness and The Yoga Room,” Deluca said. “These are all there to help girls see what they like to do and Find their Fit.”

During the rest of the week, CHAARG members meet nightly to have executive led workouts they call small groups. 

“The small groups are the heart of what CHAARG does," Deluca said. "It allows you to connect with other girls on a more personal level."

“Small groups are led by the different executives throughout the week, so no matter what schedule you have you can find something to do," Deluca said. "Almost every day we have something going on."

Other than working out, Deluca said CHAARG is an organization just as much about support as it is fitness. 

“We sometimes get lunch or go for ice cream, just little things that allow us to catch up with other girls in the group," Deluca said. "It’s supposed to be about working out, but a big part of it is helping girls through college in other ways too.”

When Deluca joined CHAARG in its first semester here at Auburn, she had no idea what kind of impact it would have on her life. 

“I went into it thinking that I would just meet girls to exercise with, but I have met some of my closest friends,” Deluca said.

Deluca said joined CHAARG last spring when Kat Anderson, the founding member of the Auburn branch, was Ambassador. 

“She pushed me to the limit," Deluca said. "I was so tired afterwards, and that’s when I knew CHAARG was going to be for me."

Deluca said, upon becoming ambassador this semester, she realized the impact the organization has on campus. 

“Since most of the girls in the group are freshmen, it's been interesting to see how they develop in college," Deluca said. "I didn’t have CHAARG my freshman year, so it was tough figuring out how to work out and stay healthy in my own way."

The organization has become a source of relaxation for Deluca where she said she can sort things out with other women's support.

"This is a way for girls to find an outlet," Deluca said. "For me it’s a huge stress relief, so I feel like it’s become a community where girls can trust others and work through problems.”

Right now the Auburn branch of CHAARG has around 30 members, but Deluca said she estimates to have close to 100 by the end of the semester.

Share and discuss “CHAARG helps Auburn women 'Find their Fit'” on social media.