Cooking with Anne: Enchilada stuffed baked potatoes

Picture the taste of a warm, fluffy baked potato. Now picture the delicious kick of an enchilada. Imagine combining them both for an even more incredible dinner experience.

You don't have to imagine anymore, because I can help make all of your Mexican-carb-loving dreams come true with this super simple meal that will fill you up for hours. 

Originally, I found this recipe from sweetpeasandsaffron.com, but after a few attempts I added some of my own tweaks and changed a few things, the first thing being that I used regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes — they just taste better to me.

The recipe below is for 4 servings, which typically feeds 2 people, depending on the size of the potato.

Ingredients

2 large potatoes

1/2 cup corn

1/2 cup black beans 

1/2 cup enchilada sauce

3/4 cup shredded cheese

1/2 tbsp garlic salt

Red pepper flakes to taste

Directions 

1.) Wash and bake the potatoes — either in the microwave for 12 minutes, or the oven on 425 for 45 minutes.

2.) While the potatoes cook, heat up the corn and black beans in the microwave as directed.

3.) When the potatoes are cooked and completely cooled, cut them in half lengthwise, scoop the filling out and place in a bowl on the side. Make sure to leave enough filling in the potatoes that the skin is not visible from above.

4.) In the bowl, add sauce, corn, beans and cheese and gently stir them all together.

5.) Place the filling back in the potatoes, top with more cheese, and stick back in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, tomatoes or avocado and serve with veggies or rice on the side.

Share and discuss “Cooking with Anne: Enchilada stuffed baked potatoes ” on social media.