Office of Sustainability

Located at 200 Langdon Annex is the Office of Sustainability. The Office of Sustainability is a resource office that specifically focuses on the operations and engagements of sustainability to develop an ethic, practice, and culture of sustainability throughout Auburn University, and to serve as a sustainability resource for individuals and organizations. 

The office strives to strengthen sustainability by taking a systemic approach which considers: nature, economy, society, and wellbeing.

Sustainability can be applied to just about every situation, and that is why the Office of Sustainability is involved with many organizations and events.

The Office of Sustainability helps students by listening to their needs and trying to connect them with the resources they need.

“We help students get connected on campus by promoting sustainability-related events and encouraging involvement in student organizations that promote sustainability,” said Jen Morse, Outreach and Communication Manager.

Students can contact the office via email, phone, social media, through their website, or by visiting their office. The office consists of three employees and seven undergraduate interns.

The office has supported numerous initiatives on campus. When Parking Services launched the War Eagle Bike Share, the Office of Sustainability hosted the Ride-O-Rama on Roosevelt. During this event, they gathered feedback from students and employees on where bike hubs should be installed and gave them a chance to ride the bikes prior to setting up an account.

“We engage with the students and employees, in addition to gathering data from units around campus for reporting,” Jen Morse said.

In the upcoming year, the office will be collecting data for the Sustainability Tracking Assessment & Rating System (STARS) assessment, which looks at operations, academics, administration, and engagement efforts on campus.

Share and discuss “Office of Sustainability” on social media.