What you need to know about facility, food changes

Tiger Dining is revamping almost all campus eateries and they will begin this summer. 

Before leaving campus in May, make sure to brush up on what will change. For those staying on campus for the summer, continue to check our website for updates on construction and openings. 

Here's what you need to know about Tiger Dining changes: 

Student Center: 

• Chick-fil-A and Starbucks will remain. Starbucks will eventually move to the development of Parker Hall across the Student Center. 
  •  Steak 'n Shake will take the place of Papa John's. 
  • Salad Works will serve made-to-order wraps and sandwiches. 
  • Wicked Eats will serve Mediterranean-style food. 
  • Au Bon Pain will remain for the time being. 
  • All convenience stores will be made over to feature fresher items in a market format. 

Foy Union:

• Panda Express will remain. 
  • The facility will be renovated into a dining hall. Students will pay one price to choose their meal from a variety of stations, similar to the Wellness Kitchen. 
  • There will be stands tailored to students with allergies, special diets or restrictions. Vegan and vegetarian options will be available here, as well. 
  • Prevail Union will be moved into Foy. 

The Village:

• Tiger Dining is looking into a second location for Chick-fil-A in the place of 844 Burger. 
  • The Village will be renovated into a dining hall. Students will pay one price to choose their meal from a variety of stations, similar to the Wellness Kitchen. 
  • A pilot program for sustainable food containers is currently in place at The Village. With success, the program will expand. 

New Dining facilities coming: 800-seat dining hall in the Parker-Allison project. This dining hall will eventually hold a more spacious Starbucks, Au Bon Pain and a larger Panda Express. There will be dining facilities added to the Graduate Business Building and Engineering Success Center once construction is completed. 

Click here to find the all-encompassing article about Tiger Dining changes.

Click here to find specific information about payment plan changes. 

Share and discuss “What you need to know about facility, food changes ” on social media.