Hooked Deals app now offering food and discounts in Auburn

Hooked Deals, a fast-growing, food and drink discount app for college towns has expanded to Auburn

Hooked app comes to Auburn.
Hooked app comes to Auburn.

Hooked Deals, a fast-growing, food and drink discount app for college towns has expanded to Auburn.

The app was highly requested in the area, said Drew Saunders, sales and marketing manager for Hooked on Auburn’s campus. 

“We were asked by several business owners that we work within other towns that also own restaurants here to bring Hooked to Auburn,” Saunders said. 

Hooked offers exclusive, time-sensitive deals to college students and residents in college towns. The app’s display looks similar to an Instagram feed, showing users the closest deals to their current locations.

To redeem a coupon, the user enters the restaurant and chooses “use deal now.” They then have to show the redeem page to the restaurant cashier.

The app currently has over 50 Auburn restaurants offering deals, including Chick-fil-A, Pita Pit and Tropical Smoothie. Starting the week of Sept. 17, Hooked will be offering free food deals once a week for the next 10 weeks.

The app has been successful on nearby campuses such as the University of Georgia, where Saunders was first introduced to it as a college student.

“Hooked helped me save roughly $300 a year on food,” Saunders said. “I think it’s a great company that gives college kids an outlet to get food they maybe can’t always afford.”

The company was started by two college students in California a few years ago and has now grown to over 40 schools nationwide, Auburn being the 40th addition to their list.

The company has a home office in Santa Monica, California, and it hires sales and marketing managers to run the different college branches.

“Hooked wants employees that are familiar with the campus life, so most marketing managers are recent college graduates,” Saunders said.

Hooked also hires college students as interns, who work as brand ambassadors.

“The interns get to do some on the ground, guerilla marketing,” Saunders said. “They get to learn how to build a market from scratch, which is not easy.”

The app is now available on the Apple App Store and Google Play.

Gabby Dance | Assistant Campus Editor

Gabby Dance, senior in journalism with a minor in women's studies, is the assistant campus editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Hooked Deals app now offering food and discounts in Auburn” on social media.