Derrick Brown named SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week for second time this season

<p>Derrick Brown (5) recovers the ball during Auburn vs. Florida, on Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019, in Gainesville, Fl.</p>

Derrick Brown (5) recovers the ball during Auburn vs. Florida, on Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019, in Gainesville, Fl.

Derrick Brown finds himself in the SEC player of the week lineup once again. 

Auburn’s defensive tackle was named the SEC’s Defensive Lineman of the week for the second time this season. Brown made four tackles, one sack for a 9-yard loss, one pass breakup and two fumble recoveries for 53 yards in Auburn’s 24-13 loss to Florida. 

Brown’s first honor was given after his performance versus Texas A&M where he made four tackles, two pass deflections, two sacks and a forced fumble. 

Brown almost scored a touchdown on one fumble recovery versus Florida but tripped up on his own feet near the Gators' 40-yard line.

This is Auburn’s fifth week out of six that one of its defensive players has found himself on the SEC honors list. Safety Jeremiah Dinson was named defensive player of the week after Auburn’s opener and defensive end Marlon Davidson has previously been named defensive lineman of the week twice.

Mattison Allen | Sports Writer
Mattison Allen

Mattison Allen is a senior from Springville, Ala. She's majoring in public relations communications with the goal of becoming a sports information director one day. 

@mattcurtlynn

mca0049@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Derrick Brown named SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week for second time this season” on social media.