COLUMN: Trump wins in Iowa twice thanks to the Democrat's confusion

<p>&nbsp;</p>

President Trump winning the Iowa primary last night is something you expected to hear from the Republican Party of Iowa. The failure of the Democratic Party of Iowa means President Trump has also won the Democratic primary on Monday night.

This a bad start to the 2020 election cycle for the Democrats. In this extremely crowded field, Iowa was supposed to provide some clarity. Now, Iowa has almost been a waste of time and money for the Democrat candidates. Every candidate should be putting out their own internal numbers, which will only add to the confusion of Monday night. Once the final numbers come out, if they ever come out, every candidate is going to question the credibility of the primary. 

This faltering start has created chaos for this crowded Democrat field. The confusion that ensued is one that will only benefit President Trump. As all the candidates question each other’s internal numbers and even the official figures, President Trump is campaigning on issues that matter.

The bigger issue for the Democrat candidates is for their platforms. Big government. 

Big government is at the base of every democrat platform. Whether it was the app or some larger underlying issue that made the Monday night primary a failure, it shows voters the problem with big government. If the government can’t handle something as simple as the primary for a small state, how can they handle it for an entire country? 

This is a big win for the Trump campaign because it shows how broken big government is. Especially with every Democrat running on adding more government to everything. Americans are starting to distrust big government, and this shows the failure of it. This is a fantastic campaign piece that has just fallen into the lap of President Trump. This should be a big part of Trump’s campaign going into the full 2020 election cycle. 

For the Democratic Party, this is a significant misstep, because it shows their incompetence. They have had a full four years to prepare for this exact moment. This should not be a problem for one of the major parties in America. You waited four years for this moment, and you fumbled it. It has been almost five days since the election results were supposed to be coming in, and the results still are not fully complete. It is unacceptable in 2020 for this to be an issue, especially for a party that has a troubled past with credible elections. 

Share and discuss “COLUMN: Trump wins in Iowa twice thanks to the Democrat's confusion” on social media.