Nick Coe signs as undrafted free agent with Patriots

<p>Nick Coe (91) rushes the passer during Auburn Football vs. LSU on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.&nbsp;</p>

Nick Coe (91) rushes the passer during Auburn Football vs. LSU on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018 in Auburn, Ala. 

Former Tiger Nick Coe is now a New England Patriot, as he signed with the team after going undrafted in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Coe, who started his Auburn career as a redshirt freshman in 2017, reunites with former Auburn teammates Will Hastings and Jarrett Stidham in New England. The Patriots are also home to former Tigers Jonathan Jones and Brandon King.

The Asheboro, N.C., native was an All-SEC-caliber edge rusher after the 2018 season where he recorded 23 tackles, seven sacks and a forced fumble, but did not match that success in the 2019 season. 

Coe’s final stats from 2019 were 15 tackles and zero sacks after skipping the Outback Bowl and declaring for the draft. 

Coe finishes his Auburn career with 71 tackles, nine sacks and two forced fumbles. 

Over his four years at Auburn, Coe won the SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week four times, SEC Freshman of the Week twice and earned a spot on the SEC All-Freshman team in 2017.

Coe is the eighth Auburn player to sign with a team after going undrafted.

Share and discuss “Nick Coe signs as undrafted free agent with Patriots ” on social media.