4-star quarterback Dematrius Davis commits to Auburn

Gus Malzahn answers a question during an interview at SEC Media Days at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham-Wynfrey Hotel on Thursday, July 18, 2019, in Hoover, Ala.

Just two days after Auburn got three new commitments, the Tigers have another commitment to add to the 2021 class. This time it's 4-star DUAL-style quarterback Dematrius Davis out of Houston, Texas.

Davis plays at North Shore High School, a school that new offensive coordinator Chad Morris has recruited heavily from in the past.

According to 247Sports composite rankings, Davis is ranked as the 6th-best DUAL quarterback in the class of 2021. 

In his junior season, Davis led North Shore to its second consecutive Texas 6A D-I State Championship while going 15-1.

As a dual-threat quarterback, Davis has 5,743 passing yards and 73 passing touchdowns to just seven interceptions during his two years as a starter. On the ground, Davis has 1,592 rushing yards and 27 rushing touchdowns.

Before committing to Auburn, Davis was a Virginia Tech commit but decommitted on May 6th.

Share and discuss “4-star quarterback Dematrius Davis commits to Auburn” on social media.