University modifies certain COVID-19 policies

<p>Samford Hall on Tuesday, July 17, 2018.</p>

Samford Hall on Tuesday, July 17, 2018.

Auburn University has modified some aspects of its COVID-19 practices and policies, including easing certain mask-wearing restrictions.

In an email sent to faculty and staff on Tuesday, the University announced that the following changes would be instituted:

• Starting Monday, Sept. 28, masks are no longer required to be worn outdoors if physical distancing can be maintained.
  • Starting Sept. 28, events with up to 100 attendees will be allowed.
  • All work units are expected to resume full on-site operations no later than Nov. 30.

The University has required masks both indoors and outdoors since the third day of class, Aug. 19. The upcoming policy will nullify that requirement.

The previous policy on event attendance prohibited all gatherings with more than 50 attendees.

“Continued cooperation and adherence are essential to sustain current positive health trends,” the email states.

Auburn University reported 53 new cases on Tuesday for the week ending Sept. 20, the lowest number of reported cases since students have returned for the beginning of the fall semester.

The University also said that all University travel must still be approved by the executive vice president or provost.

Evan Mealins | Editor-in-chief

Evan Mealins, senior in philosophy and economics, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

@EvanMealins

ecm0060@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “University modifies certain COVID-19 policies” on social media.