Bryce Brown reunited with Jared Harper after signing with Knicks

Jared Harper (1) and Bryce Brown (2) during Auburn Men's Basketball vs. Mississippi State on March 2, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Former Auburn basketball standout Bryce Brown is reuniting with Auburn teammate Jared Harper on the New York Knicks. On Thursday, The Knicks announced that they had signed Brown to a contract.

Brown played at Auburn from 2015-19 and played a big part in Auburn's success during that stretch. 

In his freshman season, he averaged 10.1 points per game. He regressed as a sophomore, averaging only 7.5 points per game before doubling his output in his junior season, where he averaged 15.9 points per game. 

During that junior season, he shot 40.1% from the field and 38.2% from downtown, declaring for the NBA Draft after the 2018 season. However, Brown did not hire an agent and returned to the Plains in 2019 for his senior season, where he was instrumental in Auburn's historic Final Four run.

Averaging 15.9 points per game, Brown became Auburn’s all-time leader in career 3-pointers made with 382 made 3-pointers over his four years on the Plains.

Brown was named the 2019 SEC Tournament MVP and helped the Tigers win their first SEC Tournament Championship since 1985. 

Brown was not done as he averaged 18.3 points per game during the NCAA Tournament helping Auburn reach the Final Four for the first time in program history.

After going undrafted in the 2019 NBA Draft, Brown was invited by the Sacramento Kings to play in the NBA Summer League. 

Following his stint in the Summer League, the Boston Celtics signed Brown and placed him with the Maine Red Claws, the Celtics’ G-League affiliate. With the Red Claws, he started all 34 games he appeared in and averaged 16.1 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game.

On Dec. 7, 2019, Brown set a franchise-record with 11 made 3-pointers against the Delaware Blue Coats. Brown shot 42.4% from beyond the arc before the G-League season was suspended on March 12, 2020, because of COVID-19.

Share and discuss “Bryce Brown reunited with Jared Harper after signing with Knicks ” on social media.