Cornelius Williams named wide receivers coach

Dec 24, 2020; Auburn AL, USA; Bryan Harsin arrives at the athletics complex for the first time before his press conference at Auburn. 
Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics
Dec 24, 2020; Auburn AL, USA; Bryan Harsin arrives at the athletics complex for the first time before his press conference at Auburn. Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

Newly-hired head coach Bryan Harsin is one step closer to completing his first year coaching staff at Auburn. 

The program announced on Jan. 16 that Cornelius Williams will be the Tigers’ new wide receivers coach.

“Cornelius is a great fit for the staff we are assembling,” Harsin said. “He’s a strong teacher of the game on the field and has been developing recruiting ties in Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi during his time at Troy. As a Birmingham native, and his state of Alabama roots, he understands what Auburn football is all about and the type of player and high character individuals we want to bring in and develop. I’m excited to see his energy and passion for the game guide our wide receiver room.”

Williams previously was the wide receivers coach at his alma mater, Troy, where he also spent the last two seasons as the passing coordinator.

“I’m very thankful to Coach Harsin for the opportunity to join his staff at Auburn,” Williams said. “I’m humbled and very appreciative that he believes in me. I know what kind of culture that Coach Harsin wants to build at Auburn with his thought process, attention to detail and desire to work hard. I’m hungry to get to work and continue to grow and develop under his leadership. Growing up in this state, I know Auburn is a special place and I can’t wait to be a part of it and get to work.”

Share and discuss “Cornelius Williams named wide receivers coach” on social media.