Anthony Schwartz drafted by Cleveland Browns in third round

<p>Dec. 5, 2020; Auburn AL, USA; Anthony Schwartz (1) runs around the edge of the defense during the game between Auburn and Texas A&amp;M at Jordan Hare Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics</p>

Dec. 5, 2020; Auburn AL, USA; Anthony Schwartz (1) runs around the edge of the defense during the game between Auburn and Texas A&M at Jordan Hare Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

Auburn wide receiver Anthony Schwartz was selected by the Cleveland Browns with the 91st pick in the third round of the 2021 NFL Draft on Friday. 

The junior was a three-year starter and steadily improved as a receiver each season. His receiving yards and number of receptions grew each year. In the shortened 2020 season, Schwartz racked up career-highs in receptions and receiving yards with 54 receptions for 636 yards and three touchdowns in 10 games. 

Schwartz also made an impact in the run game. The speedster’s best season on the ground came in his freshman season when he rushed for 211 yards and five touchdowns on 27 attempts. 

His versatility and speed on offense make him someone the defense has to worry about constantly. 

The Florida native is the first Auburn player off the board in this year’s draft. 

Share and discuss “Anthony Schwartz drafted by Cleveland Browns in third round” on social media.