Auburn's 2022 football schedule released

Auburn head coach Bryan Harsin speaks to the media during the 2021 SEC Football Kickoff Media Days on July 22,2021 at the Wynfrey Hotel,Hoover,Alabama. (Jimmie Mitchell/SEC)

CORRECTION: The previous version of this article stated that Auburn's BYE week was Nov. 5, 2022. The correct BYE week is Oct. 22, 2022.

Mark the calendars, Auburn's 2022 football schedule is now official following the release of the full SEC schedule. The Tigers will open the season with five straight home games for the first time since the 2016 season.

The complete schedule is listed below:

Sept. 3 vs. Mercer

Auburn is 3-0 all-time against the Bears, last facing Mercer in 2017. It was a 24-10 Auburn victory.

Sept. 10 vs. San Jose State

The Spartans traveled to the Plains in back-to-back years in 2015 and 2016 to face Auburn. The duo of games are the only match ups between the two schools, both of which were Auburn victories.

Sept. 17 vs. Penn State

The Tigers traveled to Happy Valley on Sept. 18, 2021 to face the Nittany Lions in the annual Penn State white-out game. Penn State will visit Auburn in 2022 to complete the home-and-home series. The Nittany Lions lead the all-time series 2-1 over Auburn.

Sept. 24 vs. Missouri

The SEC-opener for Auburn will be the first time Missouri has ever traveled to Jordan-Hare Stadium. It will be the first meeting in five years for the schools, with Auburn leading the all-time series 2-1. One of the wins for Auburn was in the 2013 SEC Championship and the Tigers have scored over 50 points in both wins.

Oct. 1 vs. LSU

The last time LSU traveled to Auburn, LSU suffered its largest loss to Auburn in the series history. LSU leads the all-time series 31-23-1, but 13 of Auburn's wins have come in Auburn.

Oct. 8 at. Georgia

The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry will be Auburn's first road game of the 2022 season. Auburn has not won at Georgia since 2005 and at the time of this writing is on a four-game losing streak to the Bulldogs.

Oct. 15 at. Ole Miss

Auburn leads the all-time series against Ole Miss 34-10 and is currently on a five-game winning streak. The Tigers haven't lost in Oxford, Mississippi, since 2012, when Auburn went winless in conference play.

Oct. 22 BYE

Oct. 29 vs. Arkansas

Similar to the Ole Miss matchup, Auburn has defeated Arkansas five straight times, with the Razorbacks' last win in Jordan-Hare Stadium coming in 2012. Auburn leads the all-time series 18-11-1.

No. 5 at. Mississippi State

Auburn has a losing record of 2-3 over the last five games in Starkville, Mississippi. The Tigers won their last matchup in Davis Wade Stadium, 24-10, in Gus Malzahn's final regular-season game as head coach.

Nov. 12 vs. Texas A&M

Since the series began traveling to each schools' respective campus in 2012, away teams are 8-1in the series. Auburn won its only home game against the Aggies in 2018, a 28-24 fourth-quarter comeback.

Nov. 19 vs. Western Kentucky

These two teams faced off a couple of times in the 2000s, back when Tommy Tuberville was the head coach of the Tigers. Auburn outscored Western Kentucky 85-17 over the two games, both wins for Auburn.

Nov. 26 at. Alabama

It will mark the 87th Iron Bowl as Auburn travels to Tuscaloosa looking to win inside Bryant Denny Stadium for the first time since 2010. Alabama leads the series all-time 47-37-1.

Caleb Jones | Sports Editor

Originally from Helena, Ala., Caleb Jones is a senior studying journalism at Auburn University. He has been on staff with The Plainsman since 2019.

You can follow him here on Twitter: @calebjsports

Share and discuss “Auburn's 2022 football schedule released” on social media.