Auburn to participate in 2022 State Farm College Baseball Showdown

May 25, 2021; Auburn, AL, USA; Auburn Tigers infielder Ryan Bliss (9) reacts with the dugout after a home run during the game between Auburn and Ole Miss at Hoover Met Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jacob Taylor/AU Athletics

Auburn baseball is headed to Arlington to participate in the 2022 State Farm College Baseball Showdown in mid-February.

The three-day tournament will be hosted from Globe Life Field, home of the MLB's Texas Rangers, from Feb. 18-20.

“We are thrilled to welcome six outstanding baseball programs to Globe Life Field for the second State Farm College Baseball Showdown,” said Sean Decker, President of REV Entertainment. “The excitement during the inaugural tournament in 2021 demonstrated that Globe Life Field is an ideal setting for college baseball."

Auburn is one of six teams in the tournament and the lone representative of the SEC. Last season, in the inaugural season of the tournament, three teams from the SEC competed in the event. This year, other teams in the field consist of Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Kansas State, Arizona and Michigan.

The Tigers will face Oklahoma at 11 a.m. on Friday, Texas Tech at 3 p.m. on Saturday and wrap up with a game against Kansas State at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday.

Tickets for the event will go on sale in January and the tournament will be broadcast on FloSports, which is the exclusive broadcast partner of the tournament.

Caleb Jones | Sports Editor

Originally from Helena, Ala., Caleb Jones is a senior studying journalism at Auburn University. He has been on staff with The Plainsman since 2019.

You can follow him here on Twitter: @calebjsports

Share and discuss “Auburn to participate in 2022 State Farm College Baseball Showdown” on social media.