Campus Safety and Security warns students of outside groups on campus

<p>Campus Safety issues AU Alerts to notify people of dangers and suspicious activities either on campus property or those that have the potential to end up on campus property.</p>

Campus Safety issues AU Alerts to notify people of dangers and suspicious activities either on campus property or those that have the potential to end up on campus property.

On Tuesday afternoon, students were notified by Campus Safety and Security of reports they received last week of a non-university affiliated group on campus claiming to be Auburn students.

The group was subsequently banned from university property after selling cookies to students and attempting to convince students to participate in their activities.

The email followed their alert with reminders to students about suspicious activity on campus, including notes to ensure the group is affiliated with the university; to research the group if you are unsure of them; do not eat goods from those you do not know; do not provide strangers with personal information; ignore attempts to persuade through attention and gifts and report behavior you find strange.

Tucker Massey | Content Editor

Tucker Massey, junior in journalism, is the content editor for The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Campus Safety and Security warns students of outside groups on campus” on social media.