Hannah Fuqua | Intrigue Writer

Articles

American Cancer Society to host Black-Out Cancer Party

The American Cancer Society is hosting the Black-Out Cancer Party from 6-9 p.m. at the War Eagle Supper Club to “black out” cancer. Attendees are asked to wear black and proceeds will go toward future Relay for Life projects.

Senior develops Rains Racing, professional sports car team

Andrews Rains, senior in marketing, said his history in motorsports began when he was a freshman. He said he and his father bought an old Italian race car, and he joined the Auburn University Formula SAE Racing Team, a club team in the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering where students build race cars.

Auburn UPC hosts Painting on the Plains in Eagle's Nest

The Auburn University Program Council hosted Painting on the Plains in the Eagle's Nest of Haley Center Tuesday night, Oct. 13 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Painters looked at the football stadium while they recreated an image of Toomer’s Corner.

Art students' work from Rome trip to be displayed

During the summer, 16 students spent five weeks in Rome, Italy on an art history study abroad trip. Their work will be displayed Wednesday, Oct. 14-Friday, Oct. 23 at Fieldwork Projects, a new extension of the department of art and art history, next to Mama Mocha’s Coffee Emporium and Roasters.

BigHouse plans to transform bus into closet for foster families

More than 6,000 children are currently in foster care in Alabama.Foster families receive a stipend equal to less than $14 per day per child. Micah Melnick and her husband, Blake Melnick, who received his Ph.D. in aerospace engineering from Auburn, are working to help these families through their organization, BigHouse Foundation. 

Media