Auburn Gymnastics top-ranked among all NCAA women's programs

Auburn Women's Gymnastics came in second place in the NCAA Regional Championship to move on to the NCAA National Championship, behind the University of Alabama's team.

The 2014-15 Auburn gymnastics attendance ranked 14th nationally among all NCAA women's programs. The Tigers recorded their first sellout in history and average 6,188 fans.

Gymnastics ranked seventh out of 136 women's programs in the Southeastern Conference, putting them in the top five percent of the SEC. Auburn reached the top one percent of all Division I women's programs in ranking.

"To be ranked 14th out of all the women's NCAA pragrams in the country is a temendous accomplishment. I can't thank our fans enough for all they do for this program," Auburn head coach Jeff Graba said.

A record sellout crowd of 7,424 fans packed Auburn Arena as the No. 7 Tigers scored an all-time highest team total to defeat No. 9 Georgia 197.750-196.775.

"Having this team break so many records last year was memorable, and now it is great that we get to share this record with our fans," Graba said. "What this really demonstrates is the support that this community showed the gymnastics program."

The Tigers finished the 2015 season with 52 broken or tied program records following its incredible run to the Super Six for the first time in 22 years.

Six of the top eight team totals in program history were scored this season. The Tigers also scored record team totals in the SEC Championship, NCAA Regional, NCAA Semifinal and the NCAA Super Six.

Under Coach Graba, 17 of the top 20 scores in program history have been achieved since 2012. Auburn secured its highest away score twice this season, first at Missouri with a 196.875 and then against Alabama with a 197.025.

Before the season, Auburn only defeated seven top 10 teams in its history.  In 2015 the Tigers defeated seven top 10 teams in one season alone. The victories came against No. 4 LSU, No. 6 Michigan, No. 7 UCLA, Goergia (twice as No. 9 , once as No. 10) and No.9 Nebraska. Auburns victory against No. 4 LSU in the NCAA Semifinal was the highest ranked team the Tigers have ever defeated. 

Auburn's 2015 attendance is an impressive increase from 2014's average of 5,578, which set a then-season attendance record of 27,888 for five home meets. 

This year, a new program record was set with a total of 30,940 fans attending the five home meets. 

Share and discuss “Auburn Gymnastics top-ranked among all NCAA women's programs” on social media.