Krickovic named second team academic All-America

<p>Marko Krickovic celebrates a point during the ITA Southern Regionals.&nbsp;</p>

Marko Krickovic celebrates a point during the ITA Southern Regionals. 

Auburn tennis senior Marko Krickovic was named second team at-large CoSIDA Academic All-America on Thursday, the first Auburn men’s tennis player ever honored nationally by the program.  

Krickovic was one of 10 male student-athletes on the second at-large team nationally, representing those competing in the sports of fencing, golf, gymnastics, ice hockey, lacrosse, rifle, skiing, swimming and diving, tennis, volleyball, water polo and wrestling. Nominees must carry at least a 3.30 overall GPA and be in their second year at their academic institution. 

The Tigers 2015-16 captain was recognized earlier as Auburn’s male scholar-athlete of the year and graduated in May with a bachelor’s degree in finance. He carried a 4.0 cumulative grade-point average and was a member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll.

Krickovic, from Munich, Germany, was ranked No. 92 nationally in singles and No. 39 in doubles. He ranked 11th in singles and fifth in doubles in the ITA Southern region. A 2015 NCAA qualifier, he was the 2014 ITA Southern region doubles runner-up and advanced to the Round of 16 at last fall’s ITA All-American tournament.

Share and discuss “Krickovic named second team academic All-America” on social media.