Fishing for compliments: How to wear fishnet the right way

Fishnets have been shoved to the back of the drawers and saved for crazy nights on the town. This is not necessary, friends. Fishnet tights are fashionable and can add just the right level of boldness to your outfit. 

Don't fear the look and give it a shot in your day-to-day wardrobe. Fishnet can be professional and these are a few ways you can be sure you pull off the look. 

Let the tights be the only bold piece 

You cannot wear fishnets with any other bold part of your outfit. Fishnets are not the accessory you want to overpower. Let them speak, trust me, they will project. Keep the shirt, shoes, blouse and jacket in neutral colors like grey or black. This way, when someone looks at your outfit, they aren’t overwhelmed with multiple colors and patterns. Their eyes are drawn to the tights, and that is the main focus of the look.

Pairing an off-white pair of fishnets with a burgundy pencil skirt and a dark brown blouse will keep you strutting up a storm in the office and commanding attention in the right way.  

Keep the style of fishnet be as basic as possible

There are different sizes of holes for fishnet tights ranging from tiny to large. Larger holes are better for the daring, while smaller holes are better for those who are not so keen on taking such a risk. Keep it basic and sophisticated.

Larger pattened fishnets work better with chunkier boots and darker schemes. Smaller holes are perfect for a peppier outfit with loads of bright, vibrant colors. 

Do not, under any circumstance, wear fishnets with open-toed shoes or flat shoes

The fishnet tight will look significantly better going into a closed toe shoe. The tights themselves already have a scandalous reputation attached to them and open-toed heels will not help. Open-toed shoes, whether they are your favorite pair of pumps, will not work. The illusion will go sideways. 

The proportions of a ballet shoe paired with fishnets are just not right. Add height when drawing attention to the legs. Length is your best friend and being your interpretation of a fairy in dainty shoes should not meet your bold statement. 

Try pairing them with a neutral boot with a chunky heel or short neutral ankle boots.

Share and discuss “Fishing for compliments: How to wear fishnet the right way” on social media.