Well, That was Quick

I know that time flies when you're having fun, but this is ridiculous. I've been at The Plainsman for almost four months, yet it feels like it's only been a couple of weeks. Now only a couple more weeks remain until I'll be joining the "real world," finally coming to the end of my five year journey here on The Plains. It's been a long, eventful journey, and I'm so happy that I got to spend the last semester of it shooting for The Plainsman.

The first farewells go to my fans. I feel weird saying that I, a photo guy, have fans, but it's true. About a week after we printed my tipping column, a few people at the bars and around campus to recognized me and complemented my writing. A copy of the column is still hanging up in the pizza place where I work, as well as a couple of other restaurants around town. That's awesome. Thank you.

There is a misconception amongst some of our readers that all of us at the paper are just working here to shove something on our resume and care nothing about what actually goes on the page. I hate to say this, but if you agree with that you're wrong. The entire staff here does the best that we can to provide you with an intriguing paper, each and every week, that keeps you interested and informed from front to back.

I'd like to thank those who continuously give feedback; from my friends to the dedicated readers that I meet around town. We do this for you. I even want to thank "those who shall not be fed" out there on the Internet. I am grateful for your feedback and admire your passion.

I'd like to say farewell to the Plainsman staff. There is never a boring moment in the office and I am so thankful for that. I'm not sure if I would have been able to make it through the semester without you guys. All of you do a tremendous amount of work each and every week, and I'm grateful for every second of it. I find it astounding that every strong paper is followed by one that is even stronger. Kudos go to all of the writers who are constantly writing interesting stories, the photo staff who continue to take beautiful pictures, and the editors who bring it all together in an amazing layout. Staff, I freaking love you.

My final farewells go to Rod and Lindsey. The two of you have helped me out so much that even the most perfectly chosen words of gratitude wouldn't suffice. I honestly don't even know where to start. Both of you will go great places in your lives and you will be doing such great things regardless of where you end up. My time at the paper was brief, but I have learned so much from both of you.

I appreciate you so much, and will always cherish the time we've spent together.

Share and discuss “Well, That was Quick” on social media.