​Senators present resolution to better the game day experience

In response to Auburn Answers complaints about the game day experience, senators presented the grievances and suggested possible changes to make game day at Auburn better.

Waldrum said checking identifications would be beneficial to Auburn students’ game day experience and will ensure students aren’t being ripped off.

“This promotes an all Auburn student section, which I think is really important,” Waldrum said. “People are paying three or four times as much that others originally pay.”

Graham Schmidt, business senator, said resale of tickets for a large sum of money is becoming an increasing problem.

“Student ticket are for Auburn students to attend Auburn sporting events, not for students to make a significant profit,” Schmidt said.

Waldrum said during his presentation that 3,600 freshman this year who were seeking tickets did not receive full-season tickets.

Aside from implementing identification checks, Waldrum said he would like to potentially create different freshman ticket packages.

Schmidt said this resolution has been a long time coming.

“This has been a discussion and development for years,” Schmidt said.

This resolution will be further discussed and voted on next week, the last senate before new senators take office.

Peyton Hanson, College of Sciences and Mathematics senator, also said after creating a detailed report based off surveys and group studies, the Mental Health Task Force findings will be released to the public soon.

Then India Way, budget and finance committee chair, said she is passionate about suicide prevention and encouraged senators to take advantage of QPR training sessions to be aware of the signs of suicidal thoughts in fellow students. 

Share and discuss “​Senators present resolution to better the game day experience” on social media.