Why I chose not to do a sorority.

Being in a Sorority never hit my radar, even though Legally Blonde the movie and musical are in my top favorite, and now I am one of the few girls at Auburn University who isn’t apart of the Greek life.

Going in to my freshman year I could’ve gone through the rush process to just try it out, but there was no way I was about to prove my worth to girls I’ve never met before, it sounded like a nightmare.

My opinionated and sometimes bossy attitude made me a girl who prefers to play by her own rules, and I don’t want or like being the same as everybody else around me.

Also, both my parents are remarried, I am content with the five beautiful sisters I already have.

It is hard for me to justify the hours that I would’ve had to spend at chapter, swaps and socials when I have a job to work and a degree to earn.

Keep in mind, school has always been something I’ve has to be fully committed to, so my extra time needs to be devoted towards studying.

For the girls that doubt if the sorority life is meant for them or the girls who didn’t end up getting a bid, do not worry, not being in a sorority isn’t a bad path to go.

Trust me, you still will get invited to parties, you will make your own friends quickly and sometimes you will find yourself become involved with other campus organizations.

I don’t think the sorority life is a bad bath to go, and I actually recommend doing it to the highschoolers’ that ask me about it because they are a great way to meet life long friends and quickly become involved with your college campus.

I didn’t choose it because I always knew it wasn’t for me, and I wouldn’t go back and change it, but if you’re up in the air about going through rush remember it never hurts to try. 

Share and discuss “Why I chose not to do a sorority. ” on social media.