Charlie Ramo | Community Writer

Email Charlie Ramo | Community Writer

Articles

Driving for Uber: the college edition

A responsible college student with a full class schedule works many hours each week doing schoolwork. Still, many students look for a job to make money during the school year, and some students turn to the flexibility found in companies like Uber.

Point Broadband to expand to Auburn

Point Broadband will soon expand its service area to include parts of Auburn and other parts of Lee County. The City of Opelika sold the original fiber network in November 2018.

Groome less expensive than parking for week

According to the Groome Transportation website, pickups are available throughout Auburn, with a location on the University campus, in Opelika and available upon request in Tuskegee or Lanett, Alabama.

Healthcare to hit the road in Opelika with renovated clinic bus

The City of Opelika has partnered with East Alabama Medical Center and Auburn University to provide health care to underserved parts of the Opelika community.  The city is providing a bus and retrofitting it to serve as a medical resource. EAMC will provide medical services from the bus.

Driving laws aim to protect first responders, reduce congestion

The Move Over Act is an existing law requiring motorists to move over a lane for stopped emergency vehicles. If not possible, drivers must slow down 15 miles-per-hour below the speed limit while passing. The revision to the law increases penalty costs and adds to the list of vehicles that drivers should move over for while on the road.

Tours aim to bring life to the cemetery

These tours have been offered yearly since 1996. Highlighted historical characters vary year to year, but the tours have always been given at Pine Hill Cemetery, the oldest cemetery in Auburn.