Maddy Hall / WRITER

Jonathan Howard, senior in electrical engineering, drops a can into the Beat Bama bin in the fight against local hunger.  (Elaine Busby / Assistant Photo Editor)
Campus

Auburn looks to end losing streak

For 16 years, Auburn has competed against the University of Alabama in a six-week event to raise food for local food banks. This year's drive is in full swing.The drive encourages students, alumni and local residents to donate nonperishable food items and money to the East Alabama Food Bank in Auburn.

Anna Kate Carter, 9, and Sarah Adams, 10, hold pennies they counted for Haiti during a benefit sponsored by the College of Business. Philip Smith / ASSISTANT PHOTO EDITOR
Campus

Spare Change Adds Up for Haiti

People see cast-away pennies on the ground everyday. Although pennies aren't worth much by themselves, spare change can quickly add up when collected for a cause, as demonstrated by the project of nine-year-old Olivia Stanwick, daughter of Auburn University's College of Business professors Peter and Sarah Stanwick.Olivia knew she wanted to help in some way but was not sure how.

Campus

Italians Say 'Ciao' to Auburn

For some, thinking about Italy conjures images of famous ruins in Rome, fashion in Milan or romantic gondola rides in Venice.After attending L'ora Del Caffe, the Italian Conversation Hour, thoughts center on food, family and fun.A group of students and professors met in the Eagle's Nest South in Haley Center to enjoy some Italian sweets and practice their conversation skills Monday afternoon.The conversation hour, which is free and open to the public, will meet March 29 and April 19.

More articles »