Alex Hosey | Lifestyle Editor

Articles

Local musician forms rock band Bobby Rocknroll

Nathan Coker had been playing guitar and singing in Nate & Function, a funk band, for a few years before the band was invited to open for St. Paul & The Broken Bones at their sold-out show at the Bottling Plant Event Center in Opelika, Alabama, in February 2016.

Wirth the wait (Collegiate Hotel Story)

Kim Wirth met her husband Brian while attending Auburn University in the mid-90's. After the two moved to Memphis, Tennessee, and began raising a family there, Kim began coming back to Auburn a few times a year to recruit engineering students for her job at International Paper while the rest of the family would come for as many football games as they could. The Wirths' habit of making the pilgrimages back to the Loveliest Village on The Plains changed one day when Kim saw that the Wittel Dorm, an Auburn landmark at the intersection of Gay Street and Thach Avenue, was suddenly up for sale. "I just happened to be in town and saw that the dorm was for sale literally the day that it went on the market," Wirth said. Kim called her husband Brian, a building science graduate who works in hotel development, and told him her plans to buy the property as an investment.

Alabama dentist pursues acting after ‘Troll 2'

Hardy, who played the unwitting father in a family vacation gone wrong in the vegetarian-goblin-infested town of “Nilbog,” got the role while he was living in Utah and taking acting classes on the side.

Media