Ashley Birdsong | Sports Writer

Email Ashley Birdsong | Sports Writer

Articles

Defense going 'fast and furious' through spring practice

“It’s been a fast and furious last couple of months,” Mason said. “Heading into practice number four, getting ready for a fast and furious practice, as we get ready to hit a little bit, do a little red zone and goal line.” 

Auburn's offense embracing change to start spring

“Change is difficult, change is hard to go through, but sometimes if you take advantage of it, on the other side of change it can present opportunity,” Nix said. “And I think that’s what we have right now, we have a great opportunity with our new staff and we’re all excited.”

Tigers topple Trojans for 3-0 win

In Auburn's 3-0 win over Troy on Wednesday night, the Tigers were led at the plate by Makenna Dowell. Dowell was 2-for-2 on the night with a home run, two RBI and a pair of walks.

Auburn finishes with a season-high score in loss to LSU

“I’m pretty happy with the girls, we still have a lot of young people that are finding their feet out there, but I’m really proud with the way they handled it,” said head coach Jeff Graba. “First 197 in almost two years, pretty big deal for me."

Defense dominates Miss. State in regular season finale

Saturday in Starkville, Mississippi, Auburn's defense finished the night with a total of six sacks, two interceptions, seven pass break-ups and eight tackles for a loss in the 24-10 win. "Being able to come here to Starkville and being able to put up a game like that, play for one another and send them out on the right note, was huge," Hall said.

Auburn volleyball drops fall finale 3-0 to Tennessee

Auburn volleyball fell in three straight sets to Tennessee in the final match of its shortened fall season Thursday in Auburn Arena. Auburn volleyball will return to the court in the spring. The league office will announce final details on SEC spring volleyball at a later date.  

Offense remains a "work in progress"

Auburn has been off the last two weeks, but during the first bye week, Chad Morris spoke about how Auburn's offense will "continue to be a work in progress" and highlighted some key pieces on Auburn's offense through the first six games.